Who needs a streamlined marketing strategy, a working content plan,
and more messaging clarity?
Strategic marketing content and messaging
a course by Vassilena Valchanova
20 hours of on-demand videos in handy bite-sized chunks
Work-ready Templates and frameworks you can put to practice today
lifetime access and new content drops as the course grows
What You’ll Learn
The course is split into five modules, each providing you with key concepts you can put to work starting tomorrow. Each module contains bite-sized video lessons that are easy to navigate and get back to when you need to put the ideas into practice.
Goals and Audience Research
Set the right direction for your way to growth. Connect marketing objectives with business outcomes, create true-to-life personas that help your decision-making, and build robust audience research skills.
- Goal-setting for marketing
- Goal-setting basics
- Objectives and key results
- General marketing KPIs
- Campaign KPIs
- Persona creation
- Target audiences
- Persona types
- Persona templates overview
- Customer journey mapping
- Types of journey maps
- Journey stages and elements
- Conducting journey mapping workshops
- Audience research methods
- Research planning
- Quantitative research tools
- Qualitative research approaches
- Jobs to be Done research
Templates and tools: goal-setting plan, survey templates and question bank, Jobs to be Done research tools, persona and customer journey templates.
Positioning and Messaging
Communicate your value proposition clearly and build up your messaging as efficiently as possible. Start by understanding what customers value and what words they use. Ensure consistency in your brand message, voice, and story.
- Positioning research
- Research goals
- Message mining
- Messaging surveys
- Conducting positioning workshops
- Messaging framework creation
- Messaging framework use cases
- Market position and alternatives
- Key brand/product messaging
- Attribute messaging variations
- Brand voice and tone
- Brand voice basics
- Voice research methods
- Documenting and enforcing your brand voice
- Brand storytelling
- The power of story
- Story plots
- The StoryBrand framework
- The Market of One framework
Templates and tools: message mining tools, positioning workshop templates, brand messaging template, storytelling frameworks, brand voice exercise worksheets, and voice chart.
Learn how to create texts that persuade and sell and bring your prospects from point A to point Buyer. Quick-start your writing with replicable writing formulas and craft web copy tailored to your readers.
- Reader considerations
- Stages of awareness
- Market sophistication
- Reader types
- Copywriting formulas
- The Copy Big Five
- The 7 persuasion principles
- The SUCCESs principles
- The STEPPS principles
- Digital copywriting
- Landing page copywriting principles
- Conversion email flow planning
- Social media advertising writing
- Editing and validation
- Editing based on the 7 Copy Sweeps
- Copy validations tools and techniques
Templates and tools: reader overview sheets, copywriting formulas for headlines, emails, and social content, landing page planning worksheet, editing checklist, and copy validation workflows.
Content Marketing Planning
Develop a content marketing plan that builds relationships with your target audience. Start with the right goals, build your content blueprint, and create signature content pieces that bring value, entice engagement and lead to action.
- Content strategy planning
- Content marketing roles
- Editorial goal-setting
- Content auditing
- Content topic research
- Content topic planning
- Macro-content characteristics
- Macro-content types
- The hub-and-spoke content model
- The Auteur content theory
- Serial content
- The decentralized content model
- Content channel strategy deep dive
- Format considerations
- Creating your content blueprint
- Repurposing and distribution
- The repurposing/distribution spectrum
- Content distribution strategy
- Owned, earned, and paid distribution tactics
- The 6 methods of content repurposing
Templates and tools: content marketing blueprint, content playbook template with content channel, format, and topic selection, topic research worksheet, content formulas, repurposing checklist, and distribution workflow.
Content Measurement and Analysis
Understand what works and what needs improvement. Create a full measurement plan for your content marketing or analyze a specific campaign. Learn how to uncover insights and present results to managers and clients.
- Attribution and ROI
- Understanding attribution
- Modeling content ROI
- Direct and indirect content ROI
- Types of metrics
- Audience expansion metrics
- Audience quality metrics
- Engagement metrics
- Conversion metrics
- Measuring campaigns
- Creating a campaign measurement plan
- Setting micro and macro conversions
- Understanding correlation
- Measuring marketing
- Performance vs brand metrics
- Creating a marketing dashboard
- Presenting and reporting marketing data
Templates and tools: campaign measurement pyramid, marketing dashboard templates, ROI calculator worksheet.
Each module includes
an overview of strategic concepts and how they play out in practice
templates and frameworks
you can use
B2B and B2C applications in real life
This course is perfect for you if:
- You’d benefit from a structured approach that combines strategy, messaging, and content planning.
- You need usable tactics, templates, and tools that you can put to work immediately.
- You have intermediate-level marketing knowledge and want to go deeper.
- You want access to a reliable resource library where you can easily reference working solutions to different marketing challenges.
- You often don’t know how to approach a new challenge in the world of marketing.
- You sometimes doubt your content and messaging are working well and don’t know how to tell.
- You have trouble demonstrating your marketing content brings tangible business results.
seasoned marketers who want structured knowledge to up their game
novice marketers who need both the basics and advanced techniques
business owners who want to take the reigns of their brand
team leaders and freelancers who want to build up their training
I’ve been blogging, speaking at events, doing workshops, and building content marketing training programs as a way to teach what I know and help digital professionals along their journey.
I enjoy teaching and sharing – and I love the fact that people find value in my content. A few facts have proven this:
- My blog content has amassed more than 700,000 readers over 15+ years of consistent content publishing and has been featured as a ‘Must Read’ on GrowthHackers.com.
- I’ve spoken at conferences in Germany, The Netherlands, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Romania, Bulgaria, as well as many virtual events, and I’ve been consistently rated as a top speaker by the audience.
- I’ve taught courses at accredited universities and digital academies, with more than 6,300 students attending my lectures.
I study the newest best practices and test them out in my work with clients. I constantly push the limit of my knowledge with the leading marketing education sources:
Happy clients and working marketing solutions make me happy:
“We manage several interlinked brands, but that didn’t fully translate into subscriber communication. Vassy managed to tie it all together in a seamless experience that introduced us to new subscribers the right way and front-loaded the relationship with added value to keep them engaged in the long run. Her work also made it easier for us to identify new business opportunities based on subscriber behavior – data we didn’t know how to access before.“— Afdhel Aziz and Bobby Jones, FOUNDERs OF Conspiracy of Love
“We knew our product was solving an existing customer need, but we didn’t know how to communicate that effectively. Vassy took us through a process of robust research that uncovered the deeper customer motivations and decision criteria. This gave us insights into how to develop the product further and how to market it in an impactful way. We now feel we understand our target users better and are more confident in developing our offering.”— RAJEEV BECTOR, FOUNDER OF OK ROGER
“Visible results to the bottom line. This is what Vassy has delivered, helping us on our mission to inspire more people to take up new skills and to keep our 350,000 existing users motivated and engaged. We’ve worked on both with Vassy, ranging from new acquisition activities, landing page optimization, and overall campaigns for onboarding and retention.“— Ivan Tsukev, FOUNDER OF Aula
Training is my passion – and according to others, it shows:
This was one of the most interactive and useful workshops I’ve participated in – and it also brought more clarity and focus to our brand. In just a few sessions, we had a better understanding of our value proposition, our target personas, and the brand personality that we needed to create. The process was all customized to our needs and it raised some great discussion points that made us really think.— HEINZ GRÜNWALD, GROWTH MARKETER, EX-KAYAK
Our main issue was the lack of a consistent brand vision. This made it difficult to decide what content to publish and what tone it should have. Now, our marketing team is more self-sufficient and our brand’s online activity is stronger. This leads to a substantial increase in brand awareness and a strong community around HackSoft.— ANTONIA YORDANOVA, MARKETING MANAGER AT HACKSOFT
It was a really great workshop – informative, thought-provoking and very useful. It gave us lots of interesting stuff to go away and research, and you delivered it really well.Hannah, Guy &
“The content planning workshop”, WORDCAMP EUROPE
I loved Vassy. Her information was paced out well, as well as something I could actually use, not simply “buzzwords” that one could find on a blog. She gave participants insight, actionable goals, and was engaging.Participant in “the content planning workshop”, wordcamp europe
Get the course now!
Special holiday price live now.
I feel festive, don’t you? Give yourself the gift of knowledge at a special price now.
Your Learning is Guaranteed
30-day money-back guarantee
You have time to check out the course and decide if it fits your needs. If you feel it isn’t so, just ask for a refund, and you’ll get it, no questions asked!
This is guaranteed both by me personally and by the requirements of Teachable – one of the largest online education platforms out there and the administrator of this course. So your money is in good hands.
All-in learner first guarantee
I want to ensure you get the marketing knowledge and insights you need to excel.
So if you decide you didn’t get your money’s worth out of this course at any point within the next year, just email me. I will personally purchase and send you a bundle of the best marketing books I know (currently priced at €340) so that you can up your game and excel at marketing, as promised.