Hi there, I’m psyched to welcome you to my site!
I have a confession: I have a secret beef with marketers. They break everything. They look for quick wins, spammy hacks, and ways to get the customer’s money now with no regard for the long term.
With more than 15 years of blogging and some 500,000 unique readers of my content so far, I’ve seen how generating value for your audience will bring people back over and over again and get them to know, like, and trust you. I work every day to help brands generate similar value for their users. And I want to share my lessons with you.
I help ambitious founders, business owners, and marketers like you
I believe making marketing better starts with influencing the people around you. I do this by:
- working with businesses that want to get better at content marketing and brand messaging;
- training and mentoring teams and individual digital professionals to level up their marketing skills, improve execution, and build up their confidence;
- teaching marketers and business owners with my “Strategic Content and Messaging” course;
- speaking at international marketing and tech events on topics ranging from value proposition design through content marketing planning to crafting efficient messaging;
- writing hands-on marketing advice that has helped more than 500,000 people worldwide.
Truth be told, these are just variations of the same goal. I strive to share what I have learned and maximize the value I bring to the world.
My career journey – from in-house marketer to independent consultant
I got into marketing in 2006, and ever since then, I’ve worked with brands to forge relationships with their audiences while generating tangible business results.
My experience is mostly focused on e-commerce and SaaS. I’ve worked with household names such as LG Electronics, DELL, and Razer. But some of my favorite projects have had to do with more niche brands that are showing traction but still leave a lot of room for freedom. Some of my favorite ones were:
- Leading the full marketing strategy of a niche gaming e-tailer and repositioning it into the leading e-store in Bulgaria, Ozone.bg (reaching €12,000,000 annual turnover.
- Implementing a full content strategy for Enhancv, a B2C SaaS platform for resume building with more than 500,000 registered users.
- Creating onboarding and retention-focused user education content for Inoreader, a freemium content reading platform with 300,000 subscribed users.
- Leading the positioning and brand messaging design for Enhancv that resulted in a signup conversion rate increase of 28%.
- Structuring the messaging and content efforts for Conspiracy of Love, a B2B consulting firm that works with brands like Adidas, Oreo, and Red Bull.
Writing and training are my way of paying it forward
I enjoy teaching and sharing – and I love the fact that people find value in my content. A few facts have proven this:
- My blog content has amassed more than 500,000 readers over 15+ years of consistent content publishing and has been featured as a ‘Must Read’ on GrowthHackers.com.
- I’ve spoken at conferences in Portugal, The Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Romania, Greece, Bulgaria, as well as many virtual events and I’ve been consistently rated as a top speaker by the audience.
- After teaching more than 6,300 students in the SoftUni Digital academy, I created my own course on content marketing and brand messaging. In less than 6 months, it got its first 100 members with an average rating of 4.8/5.
Get a taste of what I have to offer
If you want to get acquainted with my outlook on marketing, here are a few of the articles I’m most proud:
- Customer development with Jobs to be Done interviews
- Brand voice theory and exercises
- Value Proposition design
- Creating a brand messaging framework
Some of my posts have even gotten the attention of the biggest names in content marketing: